In this article, Game Decide will share a guide on how to play Grand Theft Auto V (GTA 5) on a low-end computer with 2 GB of RAM, but it may not provide the optimal gaming experience. You may also like our guide on how to play GTA 5 without graphics card and this method is for those with having 2 GB or 4 GB RAM at max.
With 2 GB of RAM, the game may struggle to run smoothly and may experience performance issues, such as stuttering, low frame rates, and long load times. The game was designed for high-end computers with more powerful hardware and may not run as well on a low-end system. This guide can be used for any version of GTA 5 on PC.
That being said, you can still try to play the game by making adjustments to the graphics options and by following the tips I mentioned in my previous answer. However, keep in mind that the experience may still not be ideal, and you may experience some performance issues. It may be more beneficial in the long run to upgrade your computer hardware if you are looking for a better gaming experience with GTA 5.
How to Run GTA V on 2 GB RAM Low-End PC
- Install the game on a solid-state drive (SSD) instead of a traditional hard drive. This will help improve load times and reduce in-game stuttering.
- Adjust the graphics options: Go to the graphics options menu and turn off advanced graphics features such as shadows and reflections, reduce the texture quality, and lower the resolution.
- Enable VSync: Enabling Vertical Synchronization (VSync) in the graphics options will help prevent screen tearing and ensure a smoother gaming experience.
- Disable background applications: Close all background applications and disable unnecessary services and processes to free up system resources for the game.
- Update your drivers: Make sure your drivers are up-to-date, as outdated drivers can cause compatibility issues with the game.
- Use a graphics card with dedicated video memory: If possible, use a graphics card with dedicated video memory to improve graphics performance.
- Consider using a third-party software solution: There are third-party software solutions that can help improve performance on low-end systems.
- Skip the first mission: GTA V first mission may put a lot of load on your computer, so it’s a good idea to skip that using first mission skip file which I will include in the download section below file.
- Apply custom settings: I have included some custom settings.xml file in download section of this page, simply extract and copy the settings.xml file into this location:
Go to "This PC/Documents/Rockstar Games/GTA V/ replace the settings.xml file.
It’s important to keep in mind that playing GTA 5 on a low-end PC with 2 GB of RAM will likely result in lower performance and lower graphics quality compared to playing the game on a high-end system. However, by following the steps above, you can still enjoy the game even on a low-end PC.
The below settings files also contain a first mission skip file which you can use to skip the first mission if the game is crashing or freezing on it.
⚠ Make a backup of your game before doing changes to it.
If you have a question feel free to ask in the comments section below.
Ads by Adsterra